Since bitsofkemi asked this is the Soupee recipe from Naparima Girls Cookbook
Soupees/ Soupies/ Meringues
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- food colouring optional (only truly trini if you add food colouring!)
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar till stiff.
- Gradually beat in sugar; beating until very stiff.
- Fold in Vanilla and colouring if used
- Cover baking sheet with waxed paper. Drop with a spoon or use a pastry tube
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200-250F for 1 hour
- Turn off heat and leave soupees in oven with door ajar until cooled to room temperature.
Hmm now you are making me want to try it:) If I get another recipe I will let you know.